Friday 15 April 2011

Free Space Shuttle Launch Tickets!

Jackie and I were planning to go see the Space Shuttle Endeavour Launch from the Kennedy Space Center in mid April, but the date has been delayed to 29th April which puts the launch too close to when we have to be back in the UK to start our ride down through France to St Tropez for the H-D Euro Festival. As with all Space Shuttle launches, the date is never guaranteed and could go back even further. We have reluctantly decided that we cannot attend the launch.

I therefore have four tickets to see the launch from the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame and a Guest Parking Permit for the launch. If any of the regular readers of my blog would like to see the launch and can use the tickets for free, then let me know by adding a comment to this post. I will wait 24 hours and if more than one person wants them, I will find a hat and randomly select who gets them.

11 comments:

Dave McCallister said...

Gary, I'm riding to FL for my 50th birthday and will be near Kennedy on that day. Could I have one of the tickets?

Oz said...

Sorry you have to miss the launch. My in-laws live in Orlando and through the years I have been blessed to see 3 launches including a midnight launch. Enjoy your ride through France.

Dave you will love it. It is an amazing site.

Kathleen Jennette said...

I have always wanted to see that, but I am in California. Thanks and whomever gets them...enjoy!

Canajun said...

That's a very generous offer Gary. Now if only I was going to be in Florida around that time....

Whoever gets the tickets - enjoy the show! (And post some pics please.)

Eve said...

We would love to go and it would be a great birthday present for my hubby Gary but the chance that we could get down there would be slim. A great bd present for Dave tho! Don't put me in the hat. Hope Dave wins his!
Very nice of you for sure!

Lady R (Di) said...

I can't go, but if you put my name in the hat, you can give my ticket to Dave McCallister... Happy Birthday!

Hope you get more takers than this... lol!

Gary France said...

Dave - It looks like you have got yourself the ticket you wanted! Send me (gary.france9@googlemail.com) a postal address and I will will send it, the parking pass and instructions of to you. I hope you enjoy the launch to celebrate your 50th birthday!

Dave McCallister said...

Well, it looks like I may not be able to be there that day Gary.

Anonymous said...

Taking the wife and kids to Florida next week. Would love to use the tickets

Gary France said...

Dave, sorry you are not able to use the tickets.

Gary France said...

Anonymous - It looks like you just won the tickets. Send me an e-mail with you name and address and I will post them to you!