Wednesday 18 November 2009

HOG Assistance in the USA

Many of us Harley-Davidson riders in the UK have taken out a bike recovery insurance policy called HOG assistance. In the event of a breakdown, this covers transporting your bike to the nearest H-D dealer, transport costs, overnight accommodation etc.

I have enquired if the UK cover is applicable if you take your Harley to the States, and the simple answer is yes. The UK and USA organisations have reciprocal arrangements whereby each is covered in the others country. There are two things you should do however – notify HOG assistance in the UK before you go to check exactly what cover you will have in the USA and secondly, get from the UK people the breakdown telephone numbers for use in the USA.

1 comment:

fasthair said...

HI Gary,

I must apologize for forgetting about your email asking for a link in my blog roll. The link is now included on my blog.

Looks like the plan to ride the USA is still a go. Will be fun to tag along on your adventure. If there is anything I can do shot me an email I promise not to forget it this time. Also if you find yourself in my part of the country for sure look me up and I'll buy you dinner!

fasthair