Monday 29 March 2010

Cool Bike Model

Some time ago I found a company on the Internet that makes models of motorbikes. Not just any motorbikes, but your motorbike!

I sent off some photos of my custom bike and a few weeks later I received in the post the model they had made. This is metal and took around 60 hours to sculpt and it is 9 inches (230mm) long. The model is a very accurate model of my bike and I was impressed with the results. I am pleased to recommend what they do.
















The model was made by Tom "Hawkeye" Sarko who is the designer/sculptor/builder of the bikes. Tom has ridden Harleys for over 40 years and now owns a beautiful 1959 Panhead. Tom is retired and used to work as a Weld Technician at General Motors. He has been making these models for about 10 years and has been sculpting overall for around 30-35 years. Tom makes around 30 to 40 models a year from his home workshop and each bike can take anywhere from 36-60 hours (sometimes longer) to individually sculpt/build depending on the intricate nature of each bike.































Hawkeye Metal Works are based in Michigan and like mine was, the models can be shipped internationally.

You can find their website by clicking on this link Hawkeye Metal Works David Tyler handles the customer service and website and he will be pleased to assist with any questions.












Tom Sarko with his Panhead

9 comments:

Chris said...

That's a pretty cool model. Are you going to paint it to match? :)

Unknown said...

Gary:

He forgot to craft the Hero GoProHD onto your handlebar . . .

As Chris mentioned, just needs a bit of paint

bob
bobskoot: wet coast scootin

Gary France said...

And a good job he missed it too!

No, not going to paint it. It actually sits well alongside two other bare-metal models I have (but keep it quiet because they are of cars!)

Unknown said...

Gary:

cars are good too. I sold my muscle car but still have my C5 'vette roadster for those days I don't want to wear my helmet

bob
bobskoot: wet coast scootin

Gary France said...

Corvette Roadster - nice. I have cars too, but I never buy new ones. I like somebody else to pay for the depreciation. I have an old mini (the original kind), an old VW Beetle, a Range Rover and I just bought an AC Cobra (a replica, not a real one!). Aaaahhhh - vehicles, vehicles, vehicles....

Anonymous said...

Hawkeye's Metal Work is not intended to be a replica. It's his own artistic rendition of the owners bike.

A Hawkeye Metal work fan.

Anonymous said...

Very cool... I will have to check this out!

David. said...

Harley's are the Bikes that roam the country for the thrill seeker and bike lover.
I'm a bit of a welder myself and I think that is one hell of a cool looking Model...Cheers!!!!!:)

Gary France said...

David – I have to agree. Tom did a fantastic job.