Saturday 15 December 2012

How to fix luggage to a custom motorcycle

When designing my custom motorcycle Amelia, I knew two things for sure.

1. I would be touring long distances on this motorcycle.
2. I needed to be able to fix luggage to the bike, but I didn't want an ugly rack to spoil the look of the bike.

Good looks and practicality don't always go well together, so, it became clear that we needed to be quite innovative in devising a solution for fixing luggage to the bike.

This is what we did.... it works a treat....

8 comments:

Rex J. Covington said...

Nice setup,only thing is I'm not sure that riding that custom motorcycle long distances would be comfortable.
Good luck my friend.

Rex

Canajun said...

Now that is very slick. Nicely done indeed.

RichardM said...

Very clean and innovative. I like the design.

Keith - Circle Blue said...

Sweet!

Gary France said...

Rex - You are right, but sometimes we have to suffer in the name of art! Actually, it is not too bad to ride the bike long distances. I rode it to Portugal and back and apart from needing to give my right arm an occasional rest, that was about the only problem.

Canajun, Richard and Keith - I am glad you like it.

Street Bike Parts said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
IAN said...

The design looks great. i guess when it comes down to having a bike that is right for you and is customized according to your needs you will enjoy your riding experience even when it does look uncomfortable to someone else

Gary France said...

Ian - I got that motorcycle just over a year ago and so far, I have ridden 7500 miles on it. I promise, it isn’t as uncomfortable as it looks.